Saturday, November 1, 2008

NaNoWriMo - the Book B project

Howdy to all of yous out there in cyberland,

Well it's morning on November 1st, which means the start gun went off almost seven hours ago... the race to a 50,000 word (or longer) novel(la) has begun. And like all long distance races, for most of us this is about finishing rather than coming in first.

I've begun my second book this morning, and for the purposes of this blog, I'll call it Book B. It is in the same world as Book 1, with a few of the same characters, but it's not really connected with Book 1, so I'm not wanting to call it Book 2. The MC of Book B is a secondary character in Book 1 and it's told for his POV. I'm a little over 2,000 words into it and so far I'm liking it better than Book 1. Not sure if that's a good thing or not...

Anyway, I'm still about 4K away from finishing Book 1, or a little over a chapter. That's all the updates for now... tata!

Edit: as a secondary, unrelated note, I just noticed that the full trailer for Twilight has been posted. So here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxjNDE2fMjI

1 comment:

Heather Ayris Burnell said...

Sounds like you're off to a good start. Good luck!