Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Book 1 (AUC) Rough Draft is DONE!

As promised (at least to myself) the rough draft is finished. In keeping with my number freak-ish-ness, here are the ending stats.

Standard
Words per average ms page: 550 (12pt TNR single spaced)
Words per average book page: 300

1. AUC
Began: August 29th, 2008
Finished: November 4th, 2008
Average words per day: 2-5 thousand
Average chapter length: 3,950 words, 7 ms pages, 13 book pages

As of Draft 2:
Half length (thru ch 13): 96 ms pages, 177 book pages (~53,000 words)
Full length (thru ch 25): 178 ms pages, 330 book pages (~99,000 words)

And I'm thoroughly pleased... not with the draft, just that it is done...

The Road of Revisions is sure to be long and windy, but for now, I'm setting it aside to work on NaNoWriMo (and pass my classes and read wonderful books like Iron Kissed...)

My first book ever is DONE! I feel like Dr. Frankenstein, only it won't really "live" until it sees publication so that other people can enjoy the world that haunts my waking moments...

1 comment:

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Anette--

I'd love to be NaNo buddies. :) The more support I can get, the better!

I look forward to looking through your blog and reading about your Book 1.

I have my own Book 1 (The Breakaway) up online for friends and family to read and critique. It's currently in its 4th draft. Polished, but not quite ready to query yet.

I've started NaNo for a novel titled Monarch.

I'd add you as a buddy on the NaNo site, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to do it. Any pointers?????