Friday, October 3, 2008

Why Writers Can't Be Their Own Editors

It's simple, really...

After a certain point in editing, we writers cannot fix everything, because our noses are pressed up the to metaphorical painting we've created. We need someone objective to smooth out those last few edges and tell us where we sucked. :) And you know what? We love it! Because learning what's not perfect in your masterpeice gives you back the paintbrush to go fix it.

On that note, I have gotten about as far as I can on editing my own short story. It looks great to me, but I KNOW someone with a keen eye will find about a hundred flaws I can't see.

So, basically, what I'm saying is... Help?!

Anyone who'd like to help edit a 7,000 word short story, let me know please.

...and I'm back off to Book 1...

2 comments:

Anna Claire said...

Thanks for offering to read my manuscript! I'll let you know when it's actually complete--maybe we can do an edit swap?

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Ah, yes, hence the reason I opened up a an invited-only blog for others to read and critique my work.

If you'd like an invite, let me know.

:)